You may already know a thing or two about hemp
- It’s used in fabric
- More commonly known as the ‘force-of-nature’ fabric, hemp is widely used in clothing. It is better for the environment than cotton – cotton alone used 25% of the worlds pesticides. Hemp is grown not using a single one. Hemp is also stronger than cotton, perhaps that’s why the explorer Christopher Columbus used hemp for the ropes and sails of his boat. Hemp is also hypoallergenic - Thanks to its natural protein structure and an integral ability to fend off nasty bacteria, it’s comfortable for even the most sensitive of skins.
- Hemp is a building material
- It has become widely used since becoming legal to grow in the US and Europe. Known as ‘hempcrete’, it is very durable and is able to naturally regulate a buildings humidity and temperature, which can reduce condensation and energy consumption, and improve thermal comfort for occupants.
- Hemp is beneficial for the environment
Obviously the hemp we use for our products isn’t grown in radioactive material! All our hemp is EU approved and GM/pesticide/herbicide/fungicide free. We also ensure our crop is grown using organic farming practices.
- Hemp has been used for thousands of years
- Hemp has been cultivated on planet earth for over 10,000 years. It has been an important source of food and fibre with references dating back to ancient China and Mesopotamia. Applications of hemp plants evolved from simple rope and coarse woven fabric to paper and sail cloth. Hemp seed and flower tops were known to provide medical comfort from a variety of ailments during the period of 2700 BC through to Roman times.
- Hemp can help our bodies maintain a healthy balance
- This is through the endocannabinoid system and its vast network of receptors. The purpose of the system is to maintain homeostasis.
An anecdote which you may find interesting is from Henry Ford – “In 1938 Popular Mechanics published an article that described hemp as the ‘new billion dollar crop.’ A billion dollars in those days was quite unimaginable by everyone regardless of their economic status. The article went on to demonstrate ‘over 25,000 uses for the plant ranging from dynamite to cellophane.’ Hemp was coming into its own as a viable crop for North American farmers and a potential solution for literally thousands of consumer needs.”
Hide and Seek CBD oils are always high quality, batch tested, and for sale across the UK. At Hide and Seek CBD we care deeply about your CBD experience and our company is made up of expertise and passion toward the goal of supplying you the customer with a great mind and body health experience, relieved of pain and discomfort of any sort including polymyalgia rheumatica. Visit our store today, and discover our premium CBD products, where quality is never compromised.